Come 2 Iowa Senior Scholarship
The Come 2 Iowa Senior Scholarship will award five high school seniors from surrounding states $1,000 each to attend an Iowa college in 2017 and helps participants learn important financial literacy skills.
Registration will be open Feb. 13–May 12, 2017. Please return to this page to register then.
The Come 2 Iowa Senior Scholarship is open to high school seniors who are residents of Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota or Wisconsin. To enter, students complete two Iowa Student Loan tools — Student Loan Game PlanSM and the ROCI Reality Check — to help them understand the consequences of borrowing money for college. Upon completion of both tools, students take an online financial literacy assessment test, with the top five scorers receiving the scholarship prizes.
The Come 2 Iowa Senior Scholarship is open to legal U.S. residents who:
- Are permanent residents of one of the following states: Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota or Wisconsin.
- Are seniors at a high school located in Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota or Wisconsin during the registration period.
- Attend college the following fall at an eligible institution located in Iowa.
- Are at least 13 years of age as of the date they begin the scholarship process.
The 2016 Come 2 Iowa Senior Scholarship program has ended and the recipients of $1,000 scholarships for attendance at an Iowa college or university this fall are:
- Bailey Fields from Minnesota.
- Kayla Stammer from South Dakota.
These students tied for the highest scores on the assessment and received top scores on an independently judged essay. Congratulations, Bailey and Kayla.
Good luck to all the participants on your future college endeavors.