Nurse Educator Grant
No new applications are being accepted for the Iowa Student Loan Nurse Educator grant program. If you are a previously approved recipient, you must complete and submit the Nurse Educator Grant application and supporting documents to receive benefits.
Submit the completed Applicant Information, Applicant Agreement, Enrollment Certification and Employment Certification to:
Nurse Educator Grant Program Administrator
Iowa Student Loan
6775 Vista Drive
West Des Moines, IA 50266-9305
Fax: (515) 223-9535
You are eligible for the grant if you meet all* the following requirements:
- You were previously approved to receive a Nurse Educator Grant disbursement.
- You are currently enrolled in a graduate-level nursing program.
- You are teaching classroom or clinical nursing classes at or in partnership with an eligible Iowa college or university.
- You intend to pursue a career as a nurse educator at an Iowa college or university.
- You were not approved for an Iowa Student Loan Nursing Education Loan Forgiveness Award between 2004 and 2010.
- You are not an employee — or dependent or spouse of an employee — of Iowa Student Loan or Aspire Resources Inc.
* Iowa Student Loan reserves the right to consider special circumstances.
Grants will be awarded on a rolling basis as applications are received. Applicants will be notified if they receive an award or if they are ineligible approximately two weeks after a complete application is received.
Receiving the Award
Awards will be sent directly to grant recipients approximately two to four weeks after notification.
The Iowa Student Loan Nurse Educator Grant may have tax implications. Recipients of the grant will be issued all applicable IRS tax forms. Recipients should consult a tax professional to understand how the award may affect taxes.