High School Senior Scholarship
The Iowa Financial Know-How Challenge: Senior Scholarship is a chance for 30 Iowa high school seniors to earn $2,000 for college, all while learning important financial literacy skills.
The Senior Scholarship is open to all Iowa high school seniors, regardless of financial need, grade point average, class rank or intended college.
Use Online Tools to Qualify
- Register with your information and email.
- Use the links provided in your confirmation email to complete two Iowa Student Loan online tools — Student Loan Game PlanSM and the ROCI Reality Check.
- Understand the consequences of borrowing money for college.
- See how your choice of major and career can impact your ability to repay college debt.
- Take a related financial literacy assessment test.
The registered students with the top 30 scores each receive a scholarship. In case of a tie, students may need to write and be judged on a short essay.
Each recipient's high school will also receive a corresponding $500 award to be used toward financial literacy programs and scholarship funds.
Get College Funding Tips and Information
Registered Iowa high school seniors gain college financial information through:
- A series of emailed tips on how to succeed in and after college, attaining their college goals and preparing to be financially successful after leaving school.
- The tips and the information from Student Loan Game Plan and the ROCI Reality Check about borrowing for college and reducing student loan debt.
Here's what previous scholarship recipients had to say about the Iowa Financial Know-How Challenge: Senior Scholarship.
2015 Recipients Announced
See the list of 2015 recipients. These 20 Iowa high school seniors earned top scores in the Iowa Financial Know-How Challenge: Senior Scholarship to receive $1,500 scholarships for fall 2015 college expenses.