Board of Directors
Iowa Student Loan is governed by a board of directors appointed by the governor of Iowa. Board members represent educational, banking and public interest sectors. The board provides extensive levels of oversight and checks and balances ensuring Iowa Student Loan adheres to its mission and meets its obligations.
The current Iowa Student Loan board of directors includes the following members:
- Christine Hensley, chair of the board; retired vice president of community and government affairs at Bank of the West in Des Moines.
- Tammy Bramley, vice chair of the board; retired loan officer and manager of Community Bank in Soldier.
- Dan Clute, executive vice president and chief business officer at the Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines.
- Rob Denson, president of Des Moines Area Community College in Ankeny.
- Lorraine Groves, retired loan officer and manager of The Municipal Credit Union in Sioux City.
- Laurie Hempen, director of human resources at Southeastern Community College.
- Miles Lackey, chief of staff/chief financial officer at Iowa State University in Ames.
- Marcia Rogers, partner at Political Brinq, a strategic campaign servicing firm in Cedar Rapids.
- Jim Schipper, retired Iowa Division of Banking superintendent and board chair of American State Bank in Osceola.
- Scott Schneidermann, president and CEO of Frontier Bank in Rock Rapids.
- Adam Voigts, vice president for administration and finance of Grand View University in Des Moines.