As a nonprofit organization with a mission to help Iowa students and families obtain the resources necessary to succeed in postsecondary education, the corporation reinvests funds in programs to benefit students of all grade levels and their families, as well as borrowers and those serving in critical need areas.
Corporate Vision and Values
Iowa Student Loan’s corporate vision and values guide its reinvestment philosophy. The Iowa Student Loan board of directors approved the following in 2013.
To be recognized as a trusted and caring advocate for student loan borrowers by providing programs and services that empower their success.
- Pioneering. We create industry-leading tools to educate students about the importance of career planning, appropriate student loan borrowing levels and how to achieve successful life goals.
- Fair. We offer supplemental private student loans with clear, upfront terms and competitive rates.
- Caring. We serve our customers by being friendly advocates who take a counseling approach in helping borrowers successfully repay their loans.
- Inclusive. We are committed to treating all individuals fairly and equitably. We try to assist more borrowers with repayment by expanding customer service efforts — the more loans we service, the more students we can help.
- Supportive. We help the local community through funding of financial literacy efforts, free college planning services and other programs that meet the specific needs of Iowans.