Online Privacy Statement
Revision date: May 20, 2021
See previous version. (PDF)
This website is provided by Iowa Student Loan Liquidity Corporation d/b/a ISL Education Lending and its subsidiaries (Aspire Resources Inc. d/b/a Aspire Servicing Center) and affiliates ("we," "us," "our," "Corporation" or "Iowa Student Loan"). We provide access to and use of certain websites and subdomains that we own and control that offer products and functionality. Those websites include, without limitation, www.IowaStudentLoan.org, www.AspireServicingCenter.com, www.AspireResourcesInc.com, iowastudentloan.org, aspireservicingcenter.com, aspireresourcesinc.com, studentloan.org, studentloancoach.info, ilinksupport.org, ilinkiowa.org, resetrefinance.com, resetrefinance.org, simplesolutionforyou.com, partnershiploan.org and sp3.org. This Online Privacy Statement applies to all of the websites that we own and control.
We understand that you are concerned about the privacy and security of your personal information. This Online Privacy Statement ("Privacy Statement") applies to the information we collect from you online when you visit a website provided by us. The amount, type and use of the information we receive depends on how you use this website. If you obtain a financial product or service from us, your activities on this website may also be governed by our Customer Financial Privacy Notice that describes how personally identifiable consumer financial information you may provide to us is collected, used and retained. By using this website, you accept this Privacy Statement. If you don't agree to the terms contained in this Privacy Statement, you must immediately exit this website.
Collection and Use of Information
- Information we collect from you. We collect personal information that you provide to us directly through electronic mail; electronic website forms, including inquiries about credit products and credit applications; and other electronic means. "Personal information" means information that can specifically identify you, such as your name, phone number, address, email address, date of birth, account number, the college or university you attend, your course of study, your planned year of graduation, employment history, income information and other financial information about you, Social Security number, driver's license number or information from other identification documents. If you are applying for employment, Personal Information may also include resumes, cover letters and other employment information that you provide us. We collect this information when you register and/or set up an account/profile to access, visit and/or use certain portions of the website.
- Information that we collect from third parties. We may collect information about you from third parties (schools or other financial institutions) when you apply for loans; this information may include credit reports from national consumer reporting agencies. We may also collect information about you from third parties when you apply for employment. This information may include credit reports, background checks and reference checks from national consumer reporting agencies, background check service providers and your references.
Users can opt out of Google Analytics tracking; to learn more visit Google's site: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We may use the personal information that we collect from you or third parties to:
- Register you with this website and to create an online account.
- Provide you with products or services.
- Process your loan applications and administer your online account.
- Process your employment application and to satisfy our legal obligations arising from the recruitment and hiring processes.
- Provide you with customer service, dispute resolution, or other troubleshooting.
- Communicate with you.
- Provide you with service updates.
- Provide you with marketing and surveys.
- Provide you with information you requested regarding our products or services or other questions.
- Verify your identity and reduce credit risk.
- Detect and prevent fraud, violations of our legal agreements, and illegal activity.
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements and other purposes.
- Make business decisions.
- Recover debt and collections.
- Fulfill other technical, logistical, financial, tax, legal, compliance, administrative or back-office functions.
We may use session cookies or persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary and are deleted after you close your web browser. Session cookies do not collect personally identifying information from your computer. Among other uses, session cookies allow us to deliver content specific to your interests and to improve website navigation. We use persistent cookies for customer protection, as part of our authentication technology. Persistent cookies assist in verifying the identity of a customer who is attempting to log in to an account.
Web beacons are objects embedded into web pages that allow a website to count users and determine how long users view web pages. We use web beacons for site traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, auditing and reporting, personalization, and other functions.
A web beacon embeds a small transparent gif image in a web page or email used to track when the page or email has been viewed. A similar device may be used where a product, service or functionality sends data to a server when a set of user-initiated events, such as clicking a button on the website or in an email, occur. This is similar to a cookie — it tracks your visit, and the data is only read by the server that receives the data. However, it differs because it is not browser-based, may not function as an ID card and doesn't store any data on your computer.
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access this website. When you access this website, our servers may automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, operating system, platform type, the state or country from which you accessed the website, software and hardware attributes (including Device ID), referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the website, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the date and time you visited the website and uploaded or posted content, error logs, files you downloaded, and other such information. We use this information to enhance the functionality of the website and to make your access more convenient, secure and efficient. We may also use this information to develop group profiles of website visitors, to assist with systems administration, to resolve problems and to prevent fraud.
Location information is general location information (e.g., IP address, city/state and or ZIP code associated with an IP address) that we automatically collect from your computer or mobile device. We use this information to enhance your experience of using the website.
Most internet browsers are set up to accept cookies automatically. You may stop your browser from accepting cookies or web beacons, or providing location information. The Help portion of your browser should explain how to configure your browser's settings. Your browser may have add-ons that may help you block web beacons. You may have limited functionality if you block cookies or web beacons set by this website. Please note that if you disable such features, you may not be able to access or receive some or all of the services, content, features and/or products made available via the website.
If you do disable such features, please note that we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals or similar tools and settings at this time due to the limits of current internet technology, standards and solutions.
Updating Your Personal Information
Keeping your account information up to date is important. You may review or update certain account information by logging in to our customer portal Account Access page. If you encounter information that cannot be changed online or if you prefer to request changes offline, you may contact our office by calling or writing to us using the contact information listed on the Contact Us section of our website or by using the contact information listed on your billing statements or other documents we send to you.
Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Information
We disclose personal information to accomplish the uses, purposes and sharing outlined in this Privacy Statement and the Customer Privacy Notice.
We disclose personal information to our affiliated companies, individuals and third parties that perform services and functions on our behalf under confidentiality agreements. These entities include, but are not limited to, financial institutions; auditors; background and credit check organizations; fraud prevention service providers; marketing service providers; database managers; customer service providers and representatives; debt collectors; and others who perform technical, logistical, financial, tax, legal, compliance or administrative functions on our behalf. They may perform functions including, but not limited to, providing products and services; analyzing data; supplying marketing assistance; providing search results and links; sending postal mail and email; providing background and credit checks; providing fraud checks; providing customer service; assisting in debt collections; and providing other financial, technical, logistical, tax, legal, compliance or administrative functions.
In addition, we may disclose Personal Information where:
- Required by law, by court rules concerning the production of records or by an order or requirement of a court, administrative agency, law enforcement authority or other government entity.
- We have reasonable grounds to believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, privacy, property or safety of our users, employees or others.
- We have reasonable grounds to believe that the information relates to the breach of an agreement or violation of the law that has been, is being or is about to be committed.
- It is necessary for fraud protection, risk reduction or the establishment or collection of funds owed to us.
- It is necessary to enforce or to apply our legal agreements, to pursue remedies or to limit damages to us.
- The information is public.
- You have provided consent or with your direction.
- Other reasons allow it or other laws require it.
We may share aggregate or statistical data with third parties for public relations or other purposes.
How We Store and Protect Your Information
Your information that we collect through the website may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which we or our subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. We may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, to affiliated entities or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
We care about the security of your information and take technical and organizational measures to protect your data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. These measures vary depending on the sensitivity of the information we have collected from you. However, no method of transmission over the internet or via mobile device or method of electronic storage is absolutely secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We are not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
To protect your privacy and security, we take steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from us, at all times. Do not share your password with anyone and do limit access to your computer or other devices by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
For information about how to protect yourself against identity theft, please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website at www.ftc.gov and search for the latest identity theft and data security resources.
How Long We Keep Your information
Following termination or deactivation of your account, we may retain your profile information for an additional period of time for backup, archival or audit purposes. In certain circumstances, we are required by federal and state regulations to store various information. In order to comply with those requirements, we may be unable to delete your information from our systems until the expiration of the applicable period.
California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (known as the "Shine the Light Law"), if you are a resident of California, you may request certain information about our disclosure of personal information about you during the prior calendar year to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the following address:
P.O. Box 659704
West Des Moines, IA 50265-0970
Alternatively, you may send us an email at: email@example.com.
Opting Out of Future Product, Service, or Event Notifications
We may contact you or send you information about new products or services or upcoming events. If you do not want to receive information about products, services or events, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the information in the Contact Information section below to contact us. If possible, please provide your exact name and address or email address as it appears on any mailings you have received from us. Your election not to receive information does not change our ability to send you information about your account with us.
We protect your personal information by maintaining administrative and technical safeguards. We use encryption technology to secure your information when being transmitted. Because no data transmission is completely secure, you understand there is some risk when you send us your information.
We also train our employees in the proper handling of personal information. When we use other companies to provide services, we require them to protect the confidentiality of any personal information they may receive. We combine these technical safeguards with physical safeguards and employee policies to protect your information.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain or use personal information from our websites about children under age 13. If you are under age 13, do not share personal information with us.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
We may change the Privacy Statement on one or more occasions by posting a revised Privacy Statement on this website or a website replacing this website. Any changes to this Online Privacy Statement will become effective when posted unless indicated otherwise. You agree to check back frequently to review any revisions to the Privacy Statement.
If you have questions about this Online Privacy Statement, please contact:
P.O. Box 659704
West Des Moines, IA 50265-0970
(800) 507-3814 or email@example.com